Dairy Free & Egg Free Peanut Butter Mug Cake

17:00

Over the last few months I put myself on a peanut butter ban as it got that bad. I was getting through a XXL family size pot a month. I blame Lidl for making it £3 a pot! Three months had passed and as I was walking through the shopping aisles of Lidl, minding my own business through the breakfast spreads I couldn't help but give into the little voice in my head telling me 'just a small pot will be okay'. A few minutes later I found myself packing that small pot into my shopping bag felling just a little bit guilty. After having it on toast and cereal a few mornings in the row I called into my recipe bank in hope of another quick fix. 




Makes: 1 mug cake
Ingredients
  • 4 tbsp flour
  • 1/4 tbsp baking powder
  • 4 tsp granulater sugar
  • 4 tbsp almond milk (or any dairy free milk)
  • 3 tbsp peanut butter (crunchy or smooth - I prefer crunchy) 
Directions
  • In a microwave proof mug mix together all the ingredients until smooth, using a small whisk if you have one to get some air in there. 
  • Smooth out the surface for a better appearance (optional).
  • Cook in the microwave for 1 minute and allow 1 minute cooling time. 
  • Consume whilst warm
If you give this mug cake a go I would love to hear your opinions on it, either comment below or tag me on Instagram at @gingerandthekitchen.

Until next time, 
Holly x

You Might Also Like

0 comments