Easy Deliciously Moist Banana & Cinnamon Cake

17:30

Last week on my way back from grocery shopping, very annoyingly, my bananas got bruised and battered in the basket on back of my bike. On unpacking the bananas I stood unwelcomely gearing down at them, contemplating not only what I was now to top my muesli with, but what the hell can I do with them!? That is when "Banana cake!" popped into the little world inside my head. I left them to ripen even more over a few days placing them near the stove to quicken up the process - the browner the better! This has got to be one of the easiest banana cakes ever! The mixing takes 5 minutes and then the cooking time, well, you have 50 minutes to do as you please: run errands, take a quick nap or even indulge into a coffee and a good read. 





Makes: 8
Ingredients
  • 87g dairy free margarine + extra for greasing 
  • 87g self-raising flour
  • 87g brown sugar
  • 1/2 tsp baking powder
  • 1tsp ground cinnamon 
  • 1 egg
  • 2 ripe banans, mushed  

Directions
  • Preheat the oven to 170C and grease the tray 
  • Place the margarine, flour, sugar, baking powder, ground cinnamon and the egg into a bowl and mix together until well incorporated 
  • Once everything is thoroughly mixed combined the two mashed banana and mix 
  • Scrape the mixture into the tray and place into the over for 50-55minutes or until a knife comes out clean. 
  • Let cool for an hour and then turn it out onto a plate
  • (optional) Top with banana slices and drizzle with honey 

If you give this recipe a go I would love to see the results, either comment below or tag me on Instagram @gingerandthekitchen
Until next time,

Holly

You Might Also Like

0 comments